Google Analytics is a powerful, free analytics tool for anyone with a website, and it helps you by analyzing your traffic, customers and marketing initiatives. While many people may be aware of this analytical tool, there are some who still question its importance and even more who are too confused to know where to begin. The data collection offered by Google Analytics gives you a valuable insight into many great aspects that could positively impact your marketing strategy, user behavior as well as general efficiency of your website – so don’t be put off!
How can Google Analytics Help Your Website
1. It can Tell You About Your Unique Visitors
If you have ever wondered how many people visit your website every day, Google Analytics can help you with that. Through this useful, interactive tool you can gauge the exact amount of unique visitors that arrive onto your site daily. The parameters are flexible and allow you to see trends wither over a period of time or daily.
2. It reveals bounce rate, and the average time a user spends on your website
The tool gives you an insight into how much time a unique visitor is spending on your website on an average. It also tells you where people are most likely to visit, whether it is just the homepage of your website or also the internal pages as well. These perceptive analyticals could result in lead generation or sales.
3. It gives you an insight about the sources of traffic
Analytics allows you to measure your ROI figures based on your SEO strategies and can be vital to the growth of your business. You can therefore see where your traffic is arriving from and in some cases, also visit the referring link in question to view see where your website link is placed.
4. It identifies traffic-pulling keywords
In your SEO strategies there may be some keywords that are driving more traffic than others. Even though your website ranks well, there may be some keywords that aren’t really working for you. This tool helps you identify the non-performing keywords as well as those that are responsible for driving traffic to your website.
5. It helps you track what sections are more popular than others
Here are the 3 reasons to use Google Analytics
- Site optimization: With this data, you will be able to make smarter adjustments to your website. For example, if you see that most people are dropping off on a certain page of your site, you can update that page with new content in an attempt improve the visitor experience and keep potential customers around longer.
- Customer demographics: Google Analytics can collect information about visitors to your site such as age, gender, interests, location, mobile device usage and much more. With this data, you can then create effective event marketing campaigns targeted to the right people.
- Marketing data: Google Analytics can capture data from any online marketing initiative. If you advertise on Facebook or launch a paid search campaign, GA will collect the data to help you optimize and determine what is working best. If you have a smaller marketing budget, Google Analytics can track smaller initiatives like social media posts and email link information.
All this information can be used to improve your website and increase your conversions. Analyze and scrutinize specifics and convert more visitors into buyers. The above are just a small portion of what can be done with Google Analytics. This is a valuable tool which can help you in all aspects of your website and your online business. Take the time to try it and learn how to use it to your advantage. All of these you can find out when you use Google Analytics today.